Boo-st Your Energy Efficiency: A Spooky Guide for Halloween
Posted on 10-18-2023
As Halloween approaches, it's not just the ghosts and goblins that should send chills down your spine. High energy bills can be equally frightening. But, fear not! This Halloween, let's explore some ways to spook-proof your energy consumption and keep your bills from haunting you.
- LED Magic - Replace those energy-guzzling incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED lights for your spooky decorations. They use up to 75% less energy and last much longer.
- Phantom Loads - Banish the energy vampires by unplugging chargers, appliances and electronics when they're not in use. These "phantom loads" can account for 5-10% of your energy usage.
- Caulk the Cracks - Seal gaps around windows and doors with caulk or weatherstripping to prevent warm air from escaping and cool air from creeping in.
- Energy-Efficient Appliances - When hosting a Halloween movie marathon, opt for energy efficient electronics to reduce the energy consumption of your home entertainment system.
- Scare-ily Low Thermostat - Lower your thermostat by a few degrees when the party gets going. The warmth of costumes and activities will help keep guests cozy.
By following these energy efficient tricks, you will have a more sustainable and budget-friendly Halloween. So, instead of dreading your next energy bill, you can focus on enjoying eerie festivities and ghostly gatherings without energy related fears. Happy Halloween!
Did You Know?
The Moon is very hot during the day but very cold at night. The average surface temperature of the Moon is 224 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and -243 degrees Fahrenheit at night.