Keeping Your House Safe While Away This Holiday
Posted on 12-19-2022
Your home is vulnerable during this holiday season when you're traveling away from home. We have some good tips for keeping your home safe and helping you enjoy your time away.
- Set Timers - Keep indoor lights on timers and set different rooms at different times so they don't all go on/off at once. This will make it look like people are home.
- Hold the Mail - Make sure to have all deliveries put on hold so that no packages are setting by the front door and mailboxes overstuffed with mail. Always a giveaway that owners are gone.
- Put Electronics on Vacay - There's no need to keep electronics plugged in while you are gone. Do a walkthrough in your house to unplug everything that doesn't need to be plugged in. By unplugging you save on your electric bill while ensuring a fire hazard-free house.
- Keep Mum - Don't share on social media that you're not home. It's best to share photos after you return home.
- Alert Your Alarm Company - Be sure to let your alarm company know the dates you will be gone. Also, make sure a sticker or sign from your alarm company in visible for any unwanted guests to see.
- Double-check Locks - It may seem obvious, but it's a good idea to double check all windows and doors to make sure they are all locked and secure.
These simple steps can help give you a worry-free holiday that your home will be safe while you enjoy time away with family and friends.
We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at High Voltage.
Did You Know?
Natural gas is a fossil fuel like oil and coal. It is a “nonrenewable” fuel because it takes millions of years to form deep in the earth before it can be used again.