MISD is a 2015 ENERGY STAR Winner
Posted on 08-14-2015
We congratulate MISD in Mansfield, TX for being recognized as a 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award for their commitment to improve on energy efficiency through the school's continuing expansion. The Mansfield Independent School District's building is more than 6 million square feet, accomodating nearly 33,000 students and growing every year.
According to ENERGY STAR, MISD's 2014 key accomplishments include:
- Having approximately 50 building audits a week and giving the results to building administrators
- Teaching people within on outside of the school the benefits of ENERGY STAR and helping to build a culture of energy efficiency being practiced at school and home
- Having staff and faculty unplug all devices to eliminate energy waste as well as having complete energy shutdowns over long school breaks
- All 41 of the MISD's elementary and secondary campuses have Energy Champion groups who "communicate with the Assistant Superintendent and provide guidance and feedback to their campuses regarding effective conservation practices, encouraging every staff member to actively participate in energy conservation efforts"
- By using energy efficient methods, MISD has saved in nearly $3 million since June 2012 and over $1 million in 2014
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for a total of 225 buildings since 2006
Way to go MISD on your ENERGY STAR accomplishments and continued progress in making your buildings a better place for students, community and the environment.
Did You Know?
A 600 megawatt natural gas plant can power 220,000 homes.