Posted on 06-05-2017
Camping really is for everyone, but it takes preparation to make it appeasing to different people. Some prefer to rough it while others are all for glamping...that's right, camping in style. Being outdoors is therapeutic and gives us a chance to realize just how good spending time with nature can be for our mood. There are many ideas these days for upping the camping experience and making it more relaxing and enjoyable for everyone.
Here are some ideas to bring along on your next camping trip:
- Hammock - No better time or place to enjoy the experience of lounging in a hammock when you are surrounded by trees and nature. Relax.
- Telescope - You are finally away from the city lights and able to take in the night's big sky. Take advantage of it by packing your telescope for stargazing.
- Lawn Game - Keep entertained day or evening with a lawn game such as bocce ball, GoSports Toppling Tower, or a bean bag toss. And, cards for a rainy day.
- Party Lights - Add a festive vibe to your tent or camping area with battery operated outdoor party lights. You can also find solar lights to use around the campground.
- Incense Sticks - In addition to your bug spray, take along some incense sticks made for repelling mosquitos. They are affordable and will keep you from using citronella candles.
- Guitar - Let's face it, music from a portable radio kills the whole nature experience. Besides, why else have you been taking those guitar lessons? Evening campfires are made for showing off your guitar skills, and you might just entice your audience to a sing-along.
There are so many ideas for making your camping trip a fun getaway. It's nice to take a break from our daily routine, and from iPads and television. Also, don't forget to always have a first aid kit with outoors in mind packed. Happy Camping!
Did You Know?
The Moon is very hot during the day but very cold at night. The average surface temperature of the Moon is 224 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and -243 degrees Fahrenheit at night.