Operation Christmas Child
Posted on 11-15-2016
Now through November 21st, you can pack a shoebox for a child and send to Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child to ensure that children around the world will have a smile this Christmas. This is a wonderful idea to teach your kids the meaning of giving and to share in putting a shoebox together for a child in need.
1. Find an average-size cardboard shoebox or order a pre-printed shoebox online through Samaritan's Purse. You will be able to make a donation, if you wish, through the ordering process.
2. Decide if you will make the box for a girl or boy.
3. Find a toy that really stands out such as a doll or a toy car. Then add small items that a child in need could benefit from such as hygiene items. There are hundreds of great ideas online for what to include in a shoebox if you need a little inspiration. Check Pinterest if you want to get creative!
4. The most important step is to pray for the child who will receive your box. If you wish, you can include a special note or card with a kind message.
5. Get your label through Samaritan's Purse website. You will need to donate $7 in order to have the special mailing label emailed to you. Print the label and adhere to the shoebox. Samaritan's Purse will track your box and let you know what country your box was sent to.
You also have the option of creating a shoebox online by selecting the items you would like to go into the box for $25.00, or select the option to have the box created for you.
Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child is something we look forward to doing every year. It truly is better to give than to receive. Let us be grateful for the opportunity.
Did You Know?
The Yellowstone National Park wildfires of 1988 were estimated to have produced 77.9 billion megajoules of energy over the fire's 71-day life. The wildfires' energy was equivalent to 22 million megawatt-hours, nearly as much as California and Oregon consumed in December 2011.